Tuesday, July 2, 2013
1920 Racism is Bitch
This chapter is more along the lines of showing racism in the story. The white people tricked the blacks into moving up in a area that was less than they told them. A lot of crazy things happened that interested me. Like for one, the reason why the whites called the land they gave to the Blacks "The Bottom of Heaven". They gave it that name because of the fact that it was high up like it was close to heaven, but the land wasn't as good as they said it was. I say that's good use of words right there. The black people were smarter though, they knew that since they couldn't plant crops then they would build, and build they did. So I guess you could call Blacks back in the day, smart but on the slow side. 1920 really showed how blacks were treated back then and it kind of makes me mad to think about the fact that the white people would actually try to get over on the black people by promising them land and lying to them, saying that it was land that was good for growing crops on which it really wasn't. I think that there is a lot more to the story that I will find interesting so i'm going to keep reading to find out more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment